Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Day 48

Current Challenge: No repeats please
Progress: This is just a short update on how things are going at the moment, to keep you in the loop. Well, frankly speaking, I'm deeply stuck on the "No Repeats Please" challenge.

The thing is, though I know that most folks use the "Heap algorithm", I think this may not be a very efficient way to solve the task, since you create an enormous amount of permutations, thereby using up a lot of memory space. However, the only thing actually required as output is a mere number.Thus, I assume it might be better to approach this problem by just thinking in terms of possible combinations. I don't know how to better explain it yet, but if I'll manage to solve it that way, it not only will be much more efficient but also less complicated to read (at least that's what I aim for). I'll definitively explain it in more detail once I cracked it either the one or the other way.

Thoughts: Unfortunately, I have to take a short break until Sunday, because I've to take care of a few things of personal interest, but I'll be back before you know it. See you around! :)

My plans for the next days:
  • Work through the remaining "Advanced Algorithm Scripting" challenges
  • Finish chapter 9 on Regular Expression (including exercises; 'Eloquent JavaScript')
  • Gradually upload my work on GitHub

Follow me on GitHub

Follow me on FreeCodeCamp

Follow my Pens on Codepen

No comments:

Post a Comment