Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Day 39

Current Challenge: Record Collection
Confused Jackie ChanProgress: Short update on the algorithm front. I spent the whole morning trying to figure out the proper regular expression to match and validate those telephone numbers.

That admittedly was pretty confusing but I eventually nailed it! Overall, I thought it might be a good occasion this time to learn about RegExp more thoroughly (made it halfway through chapter 9 in 'Eloquent JavaScript'). I also almost always use MDN as a supplement (mainly via DevDocs, which is a really convenient tool for quickly looking up things).

The last couple of times I worked on algorithms using RegExp I just hacked it together somehow and was lucky that it worked, but this time you really have to understand what's going on since the final expression is rather elaborate compared to what I've done so far.
Thoughts: Also helped some campers on Gitter today, which does feel pretty good indeed! On the one hand you can give back to the community and on the other hand, you are able to repeat some challenges and see loads of different approaches. Therefore you not only support others but also tremendously benefit yourself.

Note: I'm probably going to transition my blog to its own server using Wordpress as a CMS, which I think is better suited to meet my needs. I really want this to become a great platform!

You will be the first to know when it's finished! ;)

My plans for the next days:
  • Finish chapter 9 on Regular Expression (including exercises; 'Eloquent JavaScript')
  • Work through the remaining "Advanced Algorithm Scripting" challenges
  • Gradually upload my work on GitHub

Follow me on GitHub

Follow me on FreeCodeCamp

Follow my Pens on Codepen

No comments:

Post a Comment